Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492747
Work type: Casual
Categories: Catering / Food Services
What you’ll be doing in this role
The Food Services Department of the Sydney Adventist Hospital is seeking applicants to fill Casual Kitchen Assistant positions. The position may require work for weekends and/or public holidays. Kitchen shift hours may be between the hours of 5am - 845pm, 7 days per week.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Covering kitchen duties for Annual Leave or Sick Leave.
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement and
- Actively supporting a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have experience in food service and hospitality
- You’ll have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of food safety, cleanliness, hygiene standards, and good manual handling and lifting techniques
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to speak and read English satisfactorily
- Ideally you’ll have previous experience in cleaning kitchens and operating a commercial dishwasher
- Previous experience in food preparation and sandwich-making would be welcome.
- You’re adaptable, and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- You’ll be prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At the Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
About the San
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (500 beds) with a dedicated team of 2300 plus 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional reference checks
- Records of required Vaccinations including COVID-19 (2 dose minimum and 3 dose preferred)
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Dietetics, Food Service and SanCafé Department Manager
Ph (02) 9480-9580
Applications Close: Sunday, 11 June 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now