- Full-time & part-time 6 month, max term opportunities available with potential to go permanent
- Great leadership opportunity to Influence the culture & heart of a healthcare leader
- Structured orientation & training programs to help support you
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FBT year through our rewards program
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for permanent employees
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport and access to ELIA Wellness Program
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
The Food Service Department of the Sydney Adventist Hospital is seeking applicants to fill our Team Leader positions. These roles are Full-time & part-time, initially available as 6 month, max term opportunities with the potential to go permanent.
Some of the function of our Team Leaders include, but not limited to; supervision and support of all kitchen staff members, assisting in basic rostering, key role orientation and training new staff, assistance with special event catering, food preparation, food presentation, meal plating, meal delivery to wards / patients and clearing meals.
As a Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Management, Dietitians, Chefs, Cooks and Kitchen Assistants within the kitchen to provide quality and appetising meals to patients, community and hospital staff (through SanCafe) and Doctors
- Contribute to a dynamic team through a positive outlook, high energy and motivation and foster a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Promoting and contributing to a dynamic, positive and innovative workplace culture
- Provide outstanding customer service to various stakeholders within the San along with vendors and suppliers
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork along to a culture of continuous quality improvement
Who we are looking for
- Knowledge, skills and previous experience in supervising staff in the hospitality industry
- Be a positive influencer, self-motivated to providing outstanding leadership & customer service skills by leading by example and training and developing employees
- Ability to foster great teamwork, plus motivate and energise staff under your supervision
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with both internal and external patient and customer groups
- Exceptional attention to detail with knowledge of food safety and HACCP guidelines and healthcare requirements
- Excellent awareness of food safety, hygiene, WHS & manual handing standards
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workload to meet sometimes tight time schedules when required
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen, café, restaurant or other hospitality environment
If you genuinely want to make a positive difference, we would love to have you join our team.
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Food Services and Nutrition & Dietetics Manager
Phone: (02) 9480 9580
Applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.