Registered/ Enrolled Nurse & Assistants in Nursing | Oncology & Urology
Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492928
Work type: Casual
Categories: Nurse - Registered, Other, Nurse - Enrolled, Nurse - New Graduate
- Casual Rates $$ - 25% loading Monday-Friday, 50% Sat & 75% Sun
- Salary Packaging through our rewards program to increase your take home pay
- Work with a supportive, dedicated & caring team of highly skilled professionals
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FBT year through our rewards program
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport and access to ELIA Wellness Program
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
Join our oncology & urology ward casual pool, as a highly valued member of the team to cover shifts when our permanent nursing staff are on leave. The leave you will cover can be both short notices leave (personal / sick leave) and long notice leave (annual / long service leave).
Our oncology & urology ward is a 30-bed surgical ward specialising in surgical oncology, urology, plastics, ENT, oral and maxillofacial. Here you will learn a variety of clinical skills in the care of surgical patients. Hudson ward is fast paced with plenty of opportunities to develop your professional and clinical abilities.
In our casual pool we have Registered & Enrolled Nurses along with Assistants in Nursing/ Undergrads which involves being part of a collaborative team environment and providing a high-level of patient care.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering exceptional evidence-based clinical nursing care & expertise to patients along with interacting with a team of nurses and doctors working across our various medical surgical wards
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork along to a culture of continuous quality improvement
Who we are looking for
This role is open to both Registered & Enrolled Nurses, along with Assistants in Nursing who meet the following criteria:
- 12-month postgraduate, acute care experience in clinical setting (for RN’s and EN’s)
- If an Enrolled Nurse, you would have completed HLTEN519 “Administer and monitor intravenous medication in the Nursing Environment”
- Flexibility and sound availability to work across a variety of rotating rosters (including morning, evenings, night duty & on-call)
- You will bring excellent evidence-based clinical skills
- You’ll be systematic, able to prioritise tasks but also have initiative and critical problem-solving capability
- You’ll be adaptable, eager to learn, and work in a team-orientated, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with patients, their families, visitors and colleagues
- You will hold a current AHPRA registration
- Ability to attend our site-specific manual handling as part of orientation as a mandatory requirement
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Phone: (02) 9480 9049
Please note, applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now