Social Worker- Casual
Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492888
Work type: Casual
Categories: Social Work
- Work with a supportive, dedicated & caring team of highly skilled professionals
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with a leading not for profit health services provider
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport & access to Elia Wellness Programs
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
Social workers are responsible for helping patients and families address and cope with problems they are facing with hospitalisation and discharge. Through liaison with appropriate multi-disciplinary team members, you will initiate and coordinate the safe care and discharge of complex patients to the community.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with physicians, caregivers, patients, families and other departmental team members to proactively develop and implement safe & appropriate discharge plans
- Recommending options and services to meet the patient's individual healthcare needs
- Communicating daily with the care team regarding new admissions and upcoming discharges
- Initiating family conferences and implementing relevant action plans
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of excellence and continuous quality improvement; and
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we are looking for
- You'll have a social work degree from a recognised University
- You'll be eligible for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers
- You'll have recent experience in discharge planning in the acute care setting
- Your friendly and positive way of working with people will be obvious in how you considerately and professionally communicate with patients, their families, visitors, and your colleagues
- You’ll be collaborative, adaptable, work well within a team environment, and able to work independently
- You’ll be empathetic, systematic, detail-oriented, and prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
If you’d like to find out more about this role before submitting your application, then please contact:
Senior Director, Operations
Please note, applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now