Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492775
Work type: Casual
Categories: Allied Health, Radiographer
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive, diverse culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted car parking along with access to various amenities on site including, numerous cafés, gift shop, florist, hairdresser and even a heated swimming pool
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport and access to our Elia Wellness Program
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
In our large 24-hour state-of-the-art Radiology & Nuclear Medicine facility we deliver over 90,0000 medical imaging investigations annually.
Reporting to the Nuclear Medicine and PET & CT Section Manager, in this role you will be responsible for producing the highest quality imaging for every patient using the latest imaging equipment and technology.
You’ll also be supported by a dedicated, passionate team of skilled clinical and administrative colleagues every day.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing diagnostic imaging for diagnosis and patient management
- Performing high quality nuclear medicine examinations including PET/CT for our patients and referrers.
- Delivering patient centred healthcare with emphasis on tailoring your approach to individual patients
- Developing strong and collaborative working relationships with colleagues and referrers
- Maintaining a safe and productive workplace with a strong focus on adherence to all radiation safety principles
- Championing the profession through involvement in department meetings and internal education sessions
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement; and
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork.
Who we are looking for
- You’ll have sound experience and a keen interest in Nuclear Medicine
- You will be a motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for radiography and its importance in the healthcare sector
- You’ll be collaborative, adaptable, and able to work independently and in a team
- You’ll be friendly, empathetic, detail-orientated and be dedicated to Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
- You will be committed to the advancement of techniques and technology to maintain our standing as a leader in the field of Nuclear Medicine
- Demonstrate exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with patients, their families, visitors and colleagues
- You’ll have a tertiary qualification in medical imaging technology (Nuclear Medicine), a current AHPRA registration and an EPA licence
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children’s Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Acting Director Radiology & Nuclear Medicine - Radiology
Please note: Applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now