Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492562
Work type: Casual
Categories: Allied Health, Catering / Food Services
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our SanCafé service at the Sydney Adventist Hospital is seeking applicants to fill Casual Barista positions. This casual position is required to cover café duties for annual leave or sick leave. The position may require work for weekends or public holidays.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Covering café duties for Annual Leave or Sick Leave
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement and
- Actively supporting a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have had barista training with demonstrated experience making and serving coffee
- You’ll have customer service training and experience in a busy café, restaurant, canteen, or cafeteria environment
- You’ll have previous experience in using a cash register and the ability to follow cash handling, account keeping, and security procedures
- Ideally, you’ll have knowledge, understanding and training in Food Safety, in line with current food safety legislation
- Preferably, you’ll have experience in Point of Sale systems
- Experience in temperature monitoring systems (such as Monika) would be welcome
- You’re adaptable, and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- You’ll be prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity.
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At the Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
About the San
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (500 beds) with a dedicated team of 2300 plus 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional reference checks
- Records of required Vaccinations including COVID-19 (2 dose minimum and 3 dose preferred)
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Enquiries should be addressed to:
SanCafé Department Manager
Mob (0424) 507 673
Applications Close: Sunday, 11 June 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now