Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492849
Work type: Casual, Full-time, Part-time
Categories: Nurse - Registered, Nurse - Enrolled, Nurse - New Graduate
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Ability to access our paid continuing education allowance for Post Grad Qualifications
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for permanent employees
- An additional paid leave day each year
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a Registered Nurse – Medical / Surgical – Radley.
Our 29-bed surgical post-operative, post-ICU neurosurgical ward has a dynamic mix of cases in the neuroscience specialty and offers great learning opportunities for our nurses.
The role involves being part of a collaborative team environment and providing a high-level of patient care.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering exceptional evidence-based nursing care and monitoring to patients including stroke unit care, brain and spinal surgeries, neuro-oncology surgeries, and general adult neurology.
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
- Actively contributing to a culture of continuous quality improvement
Who we are looking for
This role is open to both Registered and Enrolled Registered Nurses who meet the following criteria:
- 12 month post graduate experience in clinical setting
- If an Enrolled Nurse, you would have completed HLTEN519 “Administer and monitor intravenous medication in the Nursing Environment”
- Flexibility to work across a variety of rotating rosters (including morning, evenings, as well as on-call)
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with patients, their families, visitors and colleagues
- You will bring excellent evidence-based clinical skills
- You’ll be systematic, able to prioritise tasks but also have initiative and critical problem-solving capability
- You’ll be adaptable, willing to learn, and work in a team-orientated, fast-paced environment
- You will hold a current AHPRA registration
- Have recent neuro-surgical and/or general neurology experience is desirable
- Have the willingness to take relevant ongoing professional development related to Neuroscience.
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Completion of NSW Health DETECT, Between the Flags Program and Bloodsafe Clinical Transfusion Practice programs, prior to your start date.
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Nursing Unit Manager - Radley
Applications Close 5pm Friday 20 October 2023 however, the close date is subject to change, as applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back Apply now