Apply nowRefer a Friend
Job no: 492746
Work type: Casual, Full-time, Part-time
Categories: Nurse - Registered, Nurse - Enrolled
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our Cardiothoracic and Cardiac ward delivers high end care to patients pre and post op Cardiothoracic surgery and post Cardiology intervention. It is a 29-bed telemetry ward looking after arrhythmias, chest pains, congestive cardiac failures, pacemakers, and angiograms. You will be a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse working with an established and highly-skilled team of nurses as well as multi-disciplinary departments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working in a team environment delivering exceptional nursing care
- Monitoring patients on telemetries, interacting with a team of nurses and doctors
- Looking after under water chest drains and patients post Cardiothoracic surgery
- Delivering exceptional evidence-based nursing care and monitoring to patients
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement and
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we’re looking for
- You'll bring excellent clinical skills
- Your friendly and positive way of working with people will be obvious in how you considerately and professionally communicate with patients, their families, visitors, and your colleagues
- You’ll be collaborative, adaptable, and be able to work independently and in a team
- You’ll be very committed to contemporary nursing practice and individual patient-centred care
- You’ll be empathetic, systematic, detail-oriented, and prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
- You’ll hold a nursing degree with current AHPRA registration, and
- Preferably, you will have also completed the NSW Health DETECT, Between the Flags Program and Bloodsafe Clinical Transfusion Practice programs.
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Adventist HealthCare owns and operates San Day Surgery, Hornsby, and the Sydney Adventist Hospital (fondly known as the San), NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital with a dedicated team of 2400+ employees, over 1000 Medical Officers, and 300 Volunteers. Founded in 1903, we are a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation that’s progressive and purpose-driven. We’ve been advancing healthcare and delivering exceptional outcomes for generations – and thanks to our investment in technology, education & research, we’re proud to be at the very forefront of our field.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing. We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Acting NUM, Butler Ward
Phone:0458 457 821
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back Apply now