- Work with & learn from an expert & collaborative friendly team
- Part time position with flexible work hours
- Supportive management within a caring, value-based organisation
Passionate about patient care and innovation? Become a crucial member of our dedicated small team, where you will be empowered to truly make a difference.
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At the Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for permanent employees with onsite childcare
- Onsite, ample car parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport along with access to our ELIA Wellness Program
We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
We are searching for a part time Exercise Physiologist to join our motivated & professional ELIA Lifestyle Medicine Centre (ELIA LMC) at Sydney Adventist Hospital. This permanent position is part time and is to provide evidence-based assessments and exercise prescriptions to our patients, as well as supervise clinical exercise group sessions. We are looking for a caring can-do team member.
The ELIA Lifestyle Medicine Centre offers a comprehensive, holistic approach to the treatment and prevention of chronic disease and is open to outpatients and the broader community. The centre has an interdisciplinary team who offer evidence-based lifestyle medicine consultations and interventions, group programs to help people address the root cause of chronic disease.
The ELIA Lifestyle Medicine Centre continues a long tradition of health education and wellness programs at the hospital and builds on foundational principles of why Sydney Adventist Hospital was established in 1903 – to care for the body, mind and spirit of our patients, colleagues, community, and ourselves.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Conducting Assessments
- Evidence-based exercise prescription
- Leading one to one and group-based exercise classes
-The ability to conduct group education sessions and presenting to patients
- Exercise Science Degree or equivalent
(Physiotherapists who are skilled in exercise prescription may also be considered)
Who we’re looking for
- The applicant will need to work independently or collaboratively working alongside allied health professionals within our ELIA Lifestyle Medicine Centre
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication skills – both written and verbal skills
- Your friendly, can-do and positive attitude when working with others with the desire to go ‘above and beyond’ when interacting with patients
- The ability to be collaborative, adaptable, work well within a team environment, along with being able to work independently
- Be empathetic, systematic, detail-oriented, and prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
- Experience in conducting exercise stress tests is desirable
- Accredited member of ESSA (or AHPRA if Physiotherapist qualified) is required.
You will bring a positive, can-do attitude and contribute to our vision “to be a thriving faith-based provider of world class care inspiring hope and well-being” as you model these attributes in your daily workflow.
If you really do want to make a difference, we would love to have you join our team.
Adventist HealthCare owns and operates San Day Surgery, Hornsby, and the Sydney Adventist Hospital (fondly known as the San), NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital with a dedicated team of 2400+ employees, over 1000 Medical Officers, and 300 Volunteers. Founded in 1903, we are a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation that’s progressive and purpose-driven. We’ve been advancing healthcare and delivering exceptional outcomes for generations – and thanks to our investment in technology, education & research, we’re proud to be at the very forefront of our field.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police Check & Working with Children’s Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Claire Lane | Practice Manager - ELIA Lifestyle Medicine Centre
Phone: (02) 9480 6140
Please note: Applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.