- Competitive salary & salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Full time role (would consider job share role for the right candidate)
- Make a meaningful impact to support the community in the not-for-profit sector
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At the Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Ability to access our paid continuing education allowance for Post Grad Qualifications
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave
- An additional paid leave day each year
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport
We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
We have an exciting full time, permanent opportunity for a dispensary lead pharmacist with a passion for patient centred care.
In our large state-of-the-art facility, we dispense a large volume of scripts and as a busy pharmacy team, we pride ourselves on our culture of excellence and high standards of service and patient care.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Co-ordination of the dispensary, imprest and retail services
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring our compliance to the legislation, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to Drug Guidelines and medication chart, prescription and activity documentation
- Monthly report to Chief Pharmacist relevant to Monthly KPI’s
- Co-ordinate, supervise, implement and facilitate strategies to support the dispensary team. This includes workforce education and training
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll be a Registered Pharmacist authorised to practice by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience in all aspects of private hospital pharmacy
- Knowledge of health fund and high cost drug process essential
- Working knowledge of the PBS
- 3+ years of clinical experience in acute healthcare
- Experience in leading a team to achieve departmental and overall SAH strategic goals
- You'll have experience with researching, developing and presenting oral or written reports, policies or work instructions
- You'll have knowledge or experience with assessing, implementing and monitoring National Standards and QCPP
- You’ll be a motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for pharmacy and its importance in the healthcare sector
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with both internal and external stake holders
- Ability to work both in an unsupervised environment, and within a team setting
Adventist HealthCare owns and operates San Day Surgery, Hornsby, and the Sydney Adventist Hospital (fondly known as the San), NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital with a dedicated team of 2400+ employees, over 1000 Medical Officers, and 300 Volunteers. Founded in 1903, we are a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation that’s progressive and purpose-driven. We’ve been advancing healthcare and delivering exceptional outcomes for generations – and thanks to our investment in technology, education & research, we’re proud to be at the very forefront of our field.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
We encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Applications Close 5pm Thursday 19th October 2023 however, the close date is subject to change, as applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.