- We have both full time and part time positions available
- Flexible rotating rosters – 8 or 12 hour day shifts and 10 or 12 hour night shifts
- Learning & Development Opportunities to upskill your career development
Taking care of people is our reason for being
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year
- Ability to access our paid continuing education allowance for Post Grad Qualifications
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for permanent employees
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport
We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
Where you will be working and what you will be doing in this role
The SAH Intensive Care Unit is a 30 bed, general ICU – level 3 facility. Our ICU is state-of-the-art, and it is flooded with natural light, making for an inspirational environment to support you in offering the best possible care to our patients.
The unit is staffed with specialised Critical Care nurses and 24/7 Medical personnel who treat and care for over 2,000 ICU/HDU patients per year. This will give you plenty of opportunity to learn and grow from some of the very best in the healthcare industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Primarily you will be caring for patients post op Cardio-Thoracic and Neuro surgical patients.
- General post op surgical, medical, Emergency department admissions and ward emergencies requiring advanced care and interventions.
- Caring for patients requiring Invasive haemodynamic monitoring and support infusions
- Invasive Ventilation and NIV respiratory support
- CRRT Renal management- Prismax & Prismaflex Regional Dialysis
Who we’re looking for
- Critical Care experience is preferable
- Post Graduate qualifications in Critical care is desirable
- Current Australian AHPRA RN registration
- Minimum 12 months post qualification experience
- Enthusiastic to work as a contributing and cooperative member of our multidisciplinary team
- Proficient clinical skills, astute attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills
- Motivated to provide high quality patient care, in a friendly and supportive workplace
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email. Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Sue Haworth | Nurse Unit Manager - ICU
Phone: (02) 9480 9691
Please note, applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.